Re: [TCML] litz wire

Can you braid three wires, then take three braids and braid them? I'm not sure that would guarantee all wires always spend the same amount of time inside and out, unless you carefully unspool the wire to avoid twisting.

________________________________
 From: Jim Lux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 2, 2012 10:35 AM
Subject: [TCML] litz wire

Starting a new thread here..

How you wind litz wire without braiding.  one way is to twist clumps that are themselves twisted.  Consider taking 4 wires and twisting them.  Then take 4 clumps and twist those.  Each wire will spend the same distance on the outside of the clump.

It gets tricky, though.. if you use 6 or 7 wires, then one inevitably winds up in the middle and stays there, so you an use a core to wrap around.  Or, stick with quads.

The problem is, I think, that you can't continue this strategy.  That is, the 4 of 4 scheme can't be extended, can it?