From: jeff mill <jeffmill2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm
Subject: [TCML] why only secondary height dictates Top load size.

Guys,
Thanks for the answers on the multiple spheres.
Got another question. I don’t want to reinvent the wheel so if this has been
nswered in another thread please let me know. I’m trying to understand ,a
ittle deeper , the relationship between the size of the toroid and the
econdary. In a perfect situation shouldn’t the reactance of the toroids C be
qual to the reactance of the secondary’s L ? Again I am referencing the tesla
ap program. The only parameter that will change the “optimum Top load cap” is
he height of the secondary winding , not the size of the wire nor the form
iameter. Why? Open a “new” file in tesla map in just plug in the secondary
nput parameters and try it. You can plug in say, 14ga or 42ga and will still
ome up with the same suggested top load pf. This tells me there is no reactance
atching between the TL and the sec coil. Why doesn’t the pf required change
hen the wire size changes, which results in a different number of turns, as
his makes the reactance between the two unbalanced. Why does the height dictate
he size or C of the top load.