RE: [TCML] most corona possible from a car battery?

James,

I'm glad to hear you are going to continue on with this in
a limited fashion (i.e. using a lawnmower engine as a test bed). Don't
let other peoples assumptions stop you as there is a lot you can learn
from this (even if their predictions prove correct). Remember, if the
results aren't what you initially expect there is still a lot to learn
from trying something like this (everything from clarifying or refining
your basic assumptions, to searching out methods to test your
hypothesis, and of course trying to understand the results you do get).
Often times this kind of exploration can lead in unexpected but
rewarding directions. Just remember to quantify and then try and
understand the results you get.

Regards,
Brian B.

On Wed, 16 Nov
2011 20:54:11 -0600, James Hutton wrote:

> this was very helpfull,
thanks :)I think im just going to test this on a lawnmower and see the
results.I'm not looking for concentrated O3 like how nitrous oxide does
it.Just a little bit more O3 hopefully would still help a little
bit.I've heard alot of people say its a good idea and might work, and
then other people that say no way, it wont work.So thats why I think
this is going to be a great thing to test. I'll be sure to post the
results when the experiment is complete!

>> Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011
19:12:27 -0500 Subject: Re: [TCML] most corona possible from a car
battery? From: garretsontech@xxxxxxxxx [3] To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx [4] Too
many delicate commonly grounded electronic devices in a modern
automobile to make VDG generator usage safe. Beyond that, having a solid
background in the auto-mechanical field, the shear volume of O3 required
to affect combustion efficiency is a massive hurdle to overcome besides
a whole bunch of other factors. Im not sure what byproducts would result
from large quantities of O3 being introduced into the air/fuel mixture
but Im willing to bet they could wreak havoc on the O2 sensors that are
located immediately after the exhaust manifold causing the ECU to
produce an environment either too rich or too lean resulting in a drop
in efficiency completely negating the whole point of the experiment.
Modern engines are designed to function within very specific
environmental parameters, changing the air that they breath generally
requires changing how they breath it as well in order to see any gain in
performance. Perhaps such an experiment would be best conducted using a
mid 70s naturally aspirated car. In no way do I mean to sound
discouraging, I just wish to point out factors that you may be unaware
of. I say go for it, run an ozone generating device off the alternator
of an older carbed car. Theres usually lots more space under the hood
and it would be a lot easier to fabricate an intake plenum to run
straight into the air cleaner. I bet you could find everything you need
at Home Depot. Dyno test it with and without the generator activated, I
would be very interested in seeing the results. On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at
12:29 PM, dave pierson wrote:

>>> At the risk of speaking heresy,
one wonders if a small van de Graff or a Tesla Coil would prove most
handy? And, i rather suspect a test with tanked Ozone to evaluate the
concept might be more practical than fabbing a wizard Ozone Machine?
best dwp _______________________________________________ Tesla mailing
[2]
[7]

Links: