Re: [TCML] update

I found this photo of a corona ring at this website:
(for Tesla coil it would be used without the cross member mounting hardware)

http://portuguese.alibaba.com/product-gs/corona-ring-264963089.html

A small toroid can also be used as a corona ring, if the height of the secondary
form is such that the toroid can fit down close to the top turn.

Better to just obtain or make a proper main toroid, then no corona ring
would be needed.  The ring is just a way to fix things while still using
the copper ball.

Cheers,
John