RE: [TCML] tesla coil did not work

Thank you Brandon!

Tuna

You have the components that are used in a Tesla coil and you have connected
them into a circuit that should work.

- - - - BUT - - - -

You are missing the most important component -- an understanding of how the
circuit works.

There is nothing wrong with this, it just takes a little bit of work on your
part.

I built a coil that never worked when I was in high-school (16 years old)
and my Dad taught me how to solder when I was six years old so I knew how to
build other people's circuits. I just did not have the knowledge to build
that coil I saw in my mind.

I built my next coil was when I was in my 40's. It worked.

As Brandon said, your best bet is to stop bashing around with what parts you
have and to stop building, step back and start learning. You have spent time
and money gathering parts, save them.

The link to JavaTC is really worth checking out.

Take care and good luck!
Dave