RE: [TCML] Corona Supression

Rubber is a poor corona suppressor...

If you're looking truly to suppress corona and not to offer safety in the vicinity, using conductive, round surfaces is your only good option. If there is even the SLIGHTEST amount of corona formation, pretty much all organic materials are out of the question (including rubber). The reason this is true is that the O3 (Ozone) is looking to lose that third oxygen atom in order to stablilize...
...rubber is more-than-happy to take it. When rubber oxidizes, it becomes very hard and brittle, as well as 'dry,' texture-wise.

I would have to say that using insulation on corona-producing instrumentation or equipment is akin to spraying 'febreze' on a pile of feces...it may make it so that you don't sense it for a while, but the problem is still there.

 - Christopher Karr