RE: [TCML] Corona Supression

Hello Brandon,

May I ask what the intended use is (I.e. the potential you're trying to suppress and the size of the connections which you're trying to cover)?

In my experience, corona suppression is as easy as:
 - using too much solder and forming a 'blob' on the joint;
 - using larger gauges of wire at connection points;
 - after soldering, doing 'touch-up' work with sandpaper (various gauges, possibly, and finishing with 400-grit);
 - after smoothing out the free-air connection, insulating it with an insulative varnish (perhaps even corona-dope).

If you wish to test these, I recommend you use a highly-susceptible joint and then use the method described. The joint, of course, being a test-piece, as opposed to the actual part of the structure.

Good luck!

 - Christopher Karr