Re: [TCML] MOT wire question

Jim Mora wrote:
Hi,

I cut the filament wires as close as possible and use them for B+
feeds in vintage guitar amp repair which I have been doing for
survival funds;-) I believe it is Teflon under the cloth cover. It
keeps the vintage looks too.

I've never had any trouble removing them from any MOT core. The trick is to nip the end hardware (usually spade females), then tug on the other side of the wire end with a pair of long nosed pliers.

Once you pull it through, you continue the process, which becomes easier as more wire is removed. I've never seen any damage resulting from this procedure.

Jon