Re: [TCML] Cutting Garolite disk

Thx to all.

I've ordered the Jasper router jig.  I've got the garolite squares, plus some other pieces.  Actually have 2 sync motors now, both 1800 RPM.

Generally speaking I've not been extremely lucky with my router (a DeWalt plunge router).   It's the only tool I own that I don't get along with, and I own lots of tools as I've had to nearly rebuild my house over the last 3 years.   I don't know if it's the router or the bits or me.  Probably some combination of both.

If this doesn't work I'm going to twist the wife's arm to let me get a bigger lathe.  Probably a Grizzly.   My little trusty Sherline has been by my side all these years and never let me down, but it's too small for the coiling projects I have.

I'm not sure why the wife is objecting to the lathe, actually.  We spent part of our honeymoon at TechShop in Menlo Park.  We spent our night-after-wedding-night in a 3-hour class being trained on a south bend - class  lathe they have there.  I would have thought she would have jumped at the chance to have our own... She seems to be okay with the coil(s) I'm building.  But once I put in a couple new pieces and the spark output grew to about 3', she started to go a little squirrelly on me.

Joe