Re: [TCML] max performance per secondary diameter/resonate inductor.

Scott,

Yes, really 5.33333X.  See the video Cameron Prince took of my coil running
in his garage.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1uBY87AAA  I hope to push
this even further sometime soon after I finish my new controller.  I should
mention that the coil in the video is a DRSSTC which holds a distinct
advantage over SGTC in terms of being able to extract more spark length from
a given secondary.  This advantage comes from the fact that I am able to
control the primary ring up.

As to the issue of racing sparks, I'm going to have to say your coil is
probably not immune.  There are several things that cause racing sparks.
There was a topic on the list a few months ago about probable causes for
racing sparks.  If you managed to get even 5X from a SGTC that would be
quite a feat.

-Phillip Slawinski