RE: [TCML] Spark gap for first TC

I would recommend a sucker gap over the 2 parallel pipe gap for such a moderately high-powered coil, as the airflow in the sucker gap will be more concentrated where it is needed most.  The vacuum cleaner motor will provide a much more powerful blow in a sucker, compared with a muffin fan in a pipe gap.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA