Re: [TCML] interesting spark gap idea

--- On Wed, 2/17/10, Norman Stepp <ndsteppii@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Norman Stepp <ndsteppii@xxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [TCML] interesting spark gap idea
> To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 6:40 PM
> I had an idea the other day for a
> static gap that I have never seen before. I haven't been
> able to construct one and try it yet due to lack of
> time/funds. I did draw a pic of it though,    http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab115/ndsteppii/SparkGap.jpg
> . Would this work? has it been done? Before I waste my time
> what do you think. I like the idea because it's something
> different. any and all criticism welcomed.
>             Norm

I like it and I bet it will work, assuming you have two identical blowers available.  Don't worry about it being an original idea.  It probably isn't.  Nothing is new in spark gap coils.  Everything has been tried.  Don't let that stop you from experimenting.  If you ever find the time and money to build the thing, give it a workout and let us know how it went.

Cheers,

Greg
http://myweb.cableone.net/grcarhunter