Re: [TCML] First Light, MOTs, etc.

Hi
Yes I have lashed it up and it works really well, very smooth
Yes NZ uses 20 volts 50Hz

Matching is very approximate I've used MOT's mostly from 900 watt machines.
There is no need to match MOT's in most configurations. If anyboddy has a
reason to require matching I'd be most interested in why.

At the moment am converting lash up to neat permaant config.

A liitle more on the machine

90nF CP
300 bps (actually sync but it matters not)
200mm sec at about 85kHz (I've got more exact details in design book if
needed)
Big toroids,  two stacked 300mm flexduct on top 200mm flexi
lots and lots of 1N5408's in bridge and de q
MOTs in ring up and filter L use secondaries and are gapped with about 0.3mm
formica laminates beteween E/I
MWO caps in filters use 4 in series stacked 4 in parallel
draws about 40 amps

Cheapest was I know to get really power coil going

Happy to send pix offline if needed

Rgds
Ted L in NZ

> I'm curious.
> First, have you actually built this? Second, are you using 240AC primary
> MOT's? I mean does NZ use 240 mains? Finally, I have run across many
> different MOT's and it has been difficult to find 4 of them that are very
> close to the same, much less 6 of them. Do you go to much trouble to match
> the MOT's for output voltage, use what you find, or what?
>
> I have tried to match the output voltage as closely as possible and use 4
> MOT's, 2 on each side with center ground, like on Mark Dunn's web site.
> Kudos to Mark, great web site, great info.
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Paul
> Think Positive