Re: [TCML] Frequencies

high rpm engines (above 5000 rpm) usually employ a specialty type coil such
as the Mallory, or my favorite, the Accel Supercoil (about $45 at
JEGS.com).  These are oil filled and designed to handle the higher stresses
of high rep rates ---- like running in the 5,000 to 7,500 rpm range for 500
mile race on a stock car track.  In addition to being oil filled these coils
have lots of extra HV insulation around the HV output towers.

cardboard is NOT a good choice for HV insulation.

also, car ignition coils only put out a few mA so this coil will not provide
very big sparks.

if you resonant the HV output with a cap or tank circuit (LC circuit) the
coil will die in short order.

It's not clear what your application is.  if you're trying to do Kirlian
photography or other similar effects, I have a much better driver than runs
direct off a 120 vac outlet.  You can contact me off-list for this if you
need it.

Dr. Resonance