Re: [TCML] 135ft arc 3ft sphere - Possible? 150 ft spark at oak ridge

There is a limit to how long a spark you can make.

I read an artical once that said Tesla had a tesla coil mounted on the roof of a barn, it made 100 ft lightning bolts across the barn lot then it thundered.  NOT TRUE someone made that crap up.

There is a Van de graff in Oak ridge in a 15 story building.  You can see the building from 10 miles away.  There is an observation room for visitors.  They have about 15 Van de graffs in a stack one on top the other.  Van de graff is only capable of making certain length spark, I don't remember the exact length but something like 12 ft maximum.  So they put about 15 VDGs in a stack each one adds to the total length and the entire stack produces a 150 foot long spark.