Re: [TCML] Sloans high power VTTC

--- jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

From: jimlux <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] Sloans high power VTTC
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 14:39:25 -0800

sparktron01@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Folks,
>
> In doing some research on my next project I found a link to
> what is probably the largest documented VTTC ever built.

Since this didn't make sparks, I'd more call it a high powered
oscillator, and I doubt it's the highest power oscillator around.  Big
induction furnaces are in the 100s of kW size, not to mention the AM
"border blaster" broadcast stations running 500kW or thereabouts.   When
it comes to peak power, there are lots of radars in the many megawatt range.

As far as classic "resonance transformers" goes, the multi megavolt
units constructed by Charlton, et.al. (I think that's the name) for Xray
use antedate the vacuum tube unit in patent 3014170. They resonated at
180 Hz and used a multi tier stack of pie shaped windings,

Jim,

I absolutely agree.
People here are mostly interested in tesla transformers
that are generating secondary sparks and operate in normal
atmosphere.
I guess nobody has constructed yet a monster VTTC ,with
input like 20 kVA which would be capable of producing
2 meters + long RF flames at voltage of aprox 200 kV.
I appreciate  the  post informing us of the existance
of Sloan's VTTC however.
Nice to know that from the hystorical point.

Dex