RE: [TCML] mini Tesla coil specs

Herr Zapp,

Here is another possibility for an SCR driven TC:

From: Al Syme <asyme@xxxxxxxxxx>  This is from 1998
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: SCR power supply

To All
A while back I ran across a book on induction furnaces. In the book was a
short discussion on using SCR's in a circut like a multivibrator  to
provide power for an induction furnace. The book was vague about the actual
circuitry involved but it did allude to a circuit that (1) provided back
EMF to shut off the SCR and (2) provide a trigger pulse to fire the SCR for
the oppsite polarity. I don't know what the upper frequency limit for tis
type of circut is, but I'm thinking that it may be a way of generating
power at high enough frequency to make it cost effictive for us coilers on
a budget. If any of you have run across this application, any information
would be helpful.....Thanx               Al Syme   KG0QJ