RE: [TCML] mini Tesla coil specs

Hi Shawn,

I don't know that I've ever heard of a Tesla coil operating with a voltage as low as 2kV.  I'm not saying it can't be done, but you'd be plumbing new depths there.  Definitely use a single static gap, with direct airflow thru the gap.  Using the 5/60 unit is certainly the better option.

For small coils, you really want high inductance secondaries (and primaries).  I'd choose the 28 AWG wire, or finer.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA