Re: [TCML] SRSG curiosity

Hi Andrew

On Friday 06 November 2009 11:56:36 am Andrew Robinson wrote:
> So why does everyone devise a way to rotate their SRSG motor in its
> mount rather than rotate the disc coupling on the motors shaft. Seems
> like a lot more work to rotate the motor than to rotate the disc...

Often the motor is mounted  on a "Resilient base" which means it has isolation
or resilient rings between motor mounting hubs and base to absorb vibration and
noise. All that is needed to rotate the motor in its "cradle" is to just loosen
two screws. Trivial.

Often the disk is mounted on a hub or arbor which is "keyed" to the motor shaft.
It would take some fancy design/machine work to make the disk adjustable. There
is no readily available "off the shelf" solution.

> Is
> this just because someone did it first and everyone else followed like
> sheep, or is something wrong with my logic?

You won't find many sheep here. Perhaps a few goats.

later
deano