Re: [TCML] charging reactors

David Rieben wrote:
Hi Jim H., Jim M.,

I think Jim Mora's idea of using the HV side of a PT or a
pig and ignoring the LV side would be a good solution to
this situation. However, IIRC, the original poster of this
thread was looking for something that could withstand
10 to 20 kV AND 1 to 2 amps. So, that would probably
leave out a PT or a SMALL pig. Maybe the HV side of
a 15 or 25 KVA, 14,400 volt pig would fit the bill?

David Rieben

Using the fabulous search facilities of the list, we talked about this strategy some years ago (using a transformer to "reflect" a low voltage inductor to the high voltage winding).

The downfall of the idea was that you're looking at DC (at least in terms of the average).