Re: [TCML] charging reactors

I saw a solution to this where a coiler wired several guitar amplifier inductors in series to divide the high voltage down to a safe level.  I checked prices for these on e-bay, and they seemed reasonable, though the current ratings are a bit lower than your spec.  Just a thought.

My own idea is to use the "pie" method to scramble-wind a number of inductors on small round spools, stack them in series, and stuff the core with annealed steel wire.  Haven't tried it yet.

Greg