Re: [TCML] gold secondary

An admirable principle in the memory of Sir Edmund Hillary - "because it is there". My 2 Aussie cents worth: Even if you make perfect enamelled gold wire, you will be hard pressed to tell the difference from light coloured magnet wire. There is a lot of art in coiling however that can attract the popular media (and be satisfying to yourself). Even just dying plain insulation in rainbow colours will give a unique looking coil and will stand out far more dramatically. Or print images of Tesla on the coil, or use a bust of Tesla as a topload. But really if you want artistic work (ie comissioned work) then you need to create art that will appeal to your patron rather than a different coil colour.

If coiling is your ONLY connection to the outside world then  ......

I have chosen a different path to artistic expression.  Works for me.
Cheers, Peter
www.tesladownunder.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "earl rhodes" <earl_1975@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

guys

the reason behind making a gold coil lies in the fact that there isnt one and also that when i

say im going to do something i damn well do it

no other reason !!

im aware that silver is better but there has been no reported advantage to using it

im an atrist who is out of work and coiling is my ONLY connection to the outside world

a gold coil is my dream

im going to build it

wether its an oltc or a classc tc or a dc resonant tc or space wound or close wound either way its coming !! wait and enjoy when its done !!
earl