Re: [TCML] Sonotube Preparation

Tyler,

I only remove the outside paper, and leave the inside of the sonotube just
as it comes.  I figure they put the wax in there to keep the cardboard from
absorbing moisture from the concrete anyway.

Also, i do not coat the inside, just the outside.  I let some varnish wick
into the ends of the cardboard when im brushing it on, it seems to stiffen
up the material and make it less prone to falling apart any time soon.

I used to do a few coats of varnish on the tube with some sanding in
between, but the last 2 sonotube coils were just single coats of thin
varnish and then wind the coil on top.  Depending on the wire size, you may
need more or less surface preparation to avoid winding frustration.

Steve