[TCML] Sonotube Preparation

Hello all,

First, sorry for the previous message.  I must not know how to use yahoo mail....

Anyways, I am getting ready to coat a 12" sonotube with some helmsman spar varnish, but I'd like to get a general idea of how everyone else prepares their tube.

I looked through the archives, but no one seemed to mention that theirs had a wax coating on the inside.

Regardless, I'm not sure what to do with it.  I don't believe the varnish will stick to it, but I fear pulling out the waxed layer will weaken the integrity of the form.

Also, it has red and blue lettering on the outside.  Do I really need to sand off the outer layer of the sonotube because of this?  Maybe I'm paranoid, but it seems like this could weaken it as well.

I appreciate any suggestions or recommendations!

Thanks,
Tyler