RE: [TCML] Nearly First Firing

Pleas wake up before applying power ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of BunnyKiller
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:40 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Nearly First Firing

sheesh...   paralell    I had a mental image of series and couldnt get
it out of my head...   I really need to wake up first before doing this
list ;)

SD

Lau, Gary wrote:

>I think it was revealed that the 35 Ohm measurement was made with the cap's
still hooked up to the rest of the TC circuit.  So he'd be essentially
looking at the cap in parallel with the NST secondary, and the 35 Ohms could
be the NST.  Also, all of his caps were wired in parallel, not series as is
typical for MMC's, so a single shorted cap could result in a low resistance.
But since the caps are in fact small ceramic disks, they'd not be long for
this world if used in a TC.