RE: [TCML] Nearly First Firing

The 35 Ohm reading - is that with nothing else in the circuit, just the caps?  An Ohmmeter should read open-circuit on a capacitor or bank of capacitors like this.  If it's reading 35 Ohms, one or more of them is toasted.

OK, I see your caps on http://www.rmcybernetics.com/shop/surplus-science-lab-equipment.htm?show=hv#A28  It says: "These capacitors are ideal for projects such as voltage multipliers and small DC Tesla Coils".  Vendors will always say that stuff is ideal for use in Tesla Coils when it isn't.  EBay is particularly bad with this.  These are disc capacitors.  I'm not sure what a "small DC Tesla coil" is, but they're no good for what you need them for.  Sorry!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA