Re: [TCML] Re: Tar

Run 1 kVA into the core with the two HV leads shorted to ground.  Then, very
slowly admit the oil with a syphon setup while increasing the input power to
2 kVA.  Use a small dia tube so the filling process takes 3-4 hours.  The
hot core, with slow filling, will slowly drive out the bubbles.

Let the filled tank set for 2-3 days.  Unshort the HV sec leads, and then
very slowly put input into the xmfr core using a series reactor to limit any
high currents (a slow trip 5 A. circuit breaker would also fill the bill).
Bring the potential up slowly as a "healing" process may be necessary to get
to full potential.

I usually run them at 20% for 30 minutes, then increase by 20% every 30
minutes until I'm at full output potential.

Pop in a series 5 kVA power reactor, and enjoy your wild climbing arc.

Dr. Resonance