Re: [TCML] NST Measurements

Yes Finn, that's a different question.

The MOT is designed for a given input voltage and not necessarily to be varied as I did in the experiments. At rated voltage and based on the output load of the oven itself, I expect they are dampening inrush currents with the power toggle to the transformer during cooking. Maybe it was just economical to perform this in the transformer itself rather than insert external parts?

But regardless of why they designed MOT's to react this way, the leakage inductance changes with current due to the change in inductance. The change in inductance with current is due to the flux density in the core and also the level of leakage the shunts provide at a given current.

Take care,

Bart

Finn Hammer wrote:
Thankyou, Bart, Greg.

I should stop asking questions late at night.

Because what I _really_ wanted to ask was:
"Why does _leakage inductance_ change with input voltage. Particularly in MOT`s.

Cheers, Finn Hammer