Re: [TCML] NST Measurements

One more thing Finn,

Shunts force leakage. Leakage does not permeate the core. The more leakage you have, the less of a change in permeability due to less current in the core. If we compare an off the shelf NST to a modified NST with 1/2 the shunts removed, the full shunted NST should cause less change in permeability to the core than one with 1/2 the shunts removed for the same current in the windings.

When we reduce the shunts, we reduce the leakage, and the more current is now allowed to change the permeability of the core, and thus, we see a more dramatic inductance change. But the change is there regardless of it's magnitude.

Take care,
Bart

bartb wrote:
bla ... bla ... bla