From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Gabriel Ritter
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:26 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Tesla Coil w/Cell Phone Trigger - Suggestions Needed!

Hello,

We are trying to use a cell phone as a Tesla Coil trigger (when the phone
rings, the coil discharges) and were wondering if anyone had suggestions on
how to integrate the cell phone with the following solid state coil:

http://www.geocities.com/tom_headoflead/drsstc.html

-------------SPECIFICATIONS-----------:
Tank Cap: 50nF, 4KV
Secondary Winding: ~1200 turns of 32 AWG magnet wire on 3.5" OD X 12" ABS
pipe Fres: 200KHz
Primary Coil: 7 turns of 10 AWG stranded wire on a 6" ABS form.
Toroid: 10" X 2.0"
Power Section: Full Bridge of HGTG20N60A4D IGBT's.
Spark Length: ~20" max off 120VAC outlet drawing about 160 Watts.

Any and all suggestions are welcome. The more detailed the instructions, the
better! Thank you!

Best,
Gabriel Ritter
gritter@xxxxxxxxx