Re: [TCML] Tesla Coil w/Cell Phone Trigger - Suggestions Needed!

Use the cell phone's ringer to interface to a solid state relay (SSR) which
will activate your Tesla coil.  The cell phone ringer will light a LED
which is interfaced inside the SSR to a triac.  An inductive snubber
(external) may also be necessary on the SSR to prevent problems
with an inductive load which the power transformer represents.   Or, the SSR
could operate a high power mechanical relay to turn on the coil.

Dr. Resonance