RE: [TCML] 60ma Coil Discharge - best performance so far

> I believe that the smooth toroid makes for longer streamers,
> so you may want to invest in a spun toroid.

Good idea.

Luckily Harry and Paul were sitting on the truck outside, and they were
able to knock up a smooth toroid out of some 2 by 4 by 2 by 4 by.

(None-UK residents may not get that gag, so here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxLmhaIeRtM )

Coil was not tuned for the new toroid, I just swapped out the old one.
It's slightly larger in both radii.

http://www.stephenhobley.com/smooth1w.jpg

I'm going to examine the tuning, and also raising the toroid slightly.
Last time I did that I got arcing on the secondary at the top.

Maybe this time I'll be luckier.

Thanks for all the help!

Steve

I built a 9/60 coil about 3 years ago that did quite well. It can be
seen here:
http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb11/dgoodfellow/?action=view&current
=DCP_1441.jpg