Re: [TCML] Interesting Spark Gap

I think arcing along the length would help prevent hot spots. From that stand point, not a bad way to do it. As long as the disc was machined well, it should do a good job. I expect this gap could handle more power than it's rated for.

Take care,
Bart

Lau, Gary wrote:
Cool, I hadn't noticed that - so the electrode rods arc on their sides rather than on their tips, similar to a cylinder gap.  I wonder if the arcing would be evenly distributed over the overlapping length.  It always amazed me that cylinder gaps are able to do this.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA