Re: [TCML] Interesting Spark Gap

Cool and interesting. Expensive too! But note the 3rd picture. It appears the tungsten electrodes do not rotate end to end, but pass over (or under). It's using rather small electrodes (for the price) so the rotary can only handle so much power without burning up. Electrodes appeared about 1/4" diameter? But, maybe the over/under situation will help electrode longevity a little.

Bart

Robert Davies wrote:
 I wish I had an extra two grand laying around!!
http://www.surplussales.com/Equipment/sparkgap.html

This is a link to a spark gap on the Surplus Sales of Nebraska web site.

Rob