Arc/Spark RE: [TCML] Magnetic Quenching

> I think this area is also perfect for further research.  If you think
> about the Poulsen & Duddell Singing Arcs & transmitters, they were in many
> ways Tesla circuits, or at least similar variations.
  Near as i can tell:
    utterly different.

  In engineering a _spark_ is quite distinct from an _arc_.
  An arc oscillator is (noisy) CW, a spark gap provides damped
  waves.  An arc (in operating range) has negative resistance,
  this allows gain, which allows oscillation: CW oscillation.

  With respect, the usage of the terms 'arc' and 'spark' in
  Tesla Coil discussions is rather too lose.

  best
   dwp