From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Daniel Kline
Sent: Thursday, October 30, 2008 2:09 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Soldering SISG heat sinks

I don't think you have to solder the heatsinks to the board.
I didn't. It was a tight fit as it was. Those things aren't going
anywhere. I wouldn't worry about it.

Dan K.

Johnson, Bob G. wrote:
> Thanks Scott....
>
> Pretty much what I was afraid of....  Did use thermally conductive
> grease when mounting the IGBT's so all the heat would go right into
the
> components...
>
> I guess I should have soldered the heat sinks to the board first and
> then mounted the other components....;- (
>
> Right now the heat sinks are held in place by the mounting screw on
the
> IGBT so there is no problem with them coming loose...  Guess at this
> point it would be best to just leave them alone....
>
> Much appreciate the help!
>
> Best Regards,
> Bob Johnson

* Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail and any associated files are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. Further, this e-mail and any associated files may be confidential and further may be legally privileged. This email is from the Invensys Process Systems business unit of Invensys plc which is a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at Portland House, Bressenden Place, London, SW1E 5BF (Registered number 166023).  For a list of European legal entities within the Invensys Process Systems business group, please click here http://www.invensys.com/legal/default.asp?top_nav_id=77&nav_id=80&prev_id=77.

If you have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your system. Thank you for your co-operation. You may contact our Helpdesk on +44 (0)20 7821 3859 / 2105 or email inet.hqhelpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates).