Re: [TCML] Little white balls within streamers

Replying to my own post. In that photo, there are 2 other streamers which attached to the Seibt coils brass wires. In those "other" two streamers, note the bright spots and the tight "pointy like" curve of the spark where they occur (it's the same in both streamers). Seems at each bright spot, the curve of the streamer takes on a rather pointy geometry from the camera angle (as though it delayed for just a fraction of time to spiral and continue on, allowing the camera to fill in more light in that area).

I wish I had taken higher resolution photos (but that wasn't the goal at the time). I simply wanted to capture a series of sparks without camera processing delays. What you see is the raw digital photos downloaded from the camera. It's a Canon PowerShot A-400. The Seibt coils brass wires are what the sparks were attracted to (attached to RF grounded).

The Seibt coil is behind the SISG coil by about 2 feet from the camera angle. So the sparks from the camera position is not looking at horizontal strikes, but strikes that are a bit longer than they appear (angled away from the camera). I just didn't have the room in the garage with all my coil junk to fit the Seibt, SISG, and camera in horizontal strike positions. This is because my daughter has her junk in my garage. She moved out and of course, moved back in. Now my garage is littered with useless cabinets, book shelves, and space taking junk. It's been there almost 1 year now. I'm getting a little tired of it.

Take care,
Bart

bartb wrote:
Hi All,

This is a well known fact with streamers, but I'm not sure how well known the reason is. Streamer now and then show little white balls of light within the streamers. With one photo of my SISG, I all of a sudden realized the spark is spiraling around itself and continuing on. That bit of spiral delay puts more light to the camera lens and it appears as a bright spot. Most of the time, it's just little balls of light, but I think this particular photo shows the spiral during a capture of some banjo effects. You can see the streamer spiraling around itself and how the brightness increases at those points. I think in tight streamers this occurs also, but more difficult to detail without something like this banjo effect capture.

http://www.classictesla.com/photos/sisg/sisg-spark005.jpg

Just seemed interesting.

Take care,
Bart