Re: [TCML] Rotory STATIC Gap

Hey Stephen...

Good idea, but as you thought about the fact of replacing the disc with something thicker to help with the insulating properties, I suppose when considering a replacement disc I could go to a wider diameter to clear the motor issue and not have to use the copper ring.

I will try the ring on the back of the disc and see if the additional distance and insulation either cuts down or removes the "static gap" syndrome..,

Scot D

Stephen J. Hobley wrote:

If I pictured your arrangement correctly - could you relocate the copper ring to the other (motor) side of the rotor?

Then use a thick enough rotor to insulate the static electrodes from the ring?

Steve