From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of David Rieben
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 1:07 PM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] Climbing Arcs

Hi Bert,

Yes, the transformer itself is all that's driving this JL - no
additional capacitance than the natural parasitic capaci-
tance of the transformer's internal wiring itself. It's not at
all hard to "start" a JL with >100 kV of available firing
voltage ;^) The "starting point" of this JL is about 8 1/8"
apart!

David Rieben