From: "Ryckmans, Thomas" <Thomas.Ryckmans@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:43 AM
Subject: [TCML] first coil help

Hello,

I am building my first Tesla coil, but having issues - sparks are
pathetic - about 1 cm from topload to a grounded object. Help is much
appreciated...
<SNIP>

Secondary is using a 130 mm (diameter) black tube, 320 mm high, with
(about) 14 turns/cm hence (about) 450 turns.

<SNIP>
So far, so good. However when firing the coil, I get pathetic sparks
(about 1 cm long) between the top load and a (insulated) screwdriver I
hold above it.
What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your comments!

Thomas