Re: [TCML] 5" Sparks - Approx 35 watts input power: Tesla was correct!

John & Bart:

With parallel copper tube spark gaps, and 30-60 mA drive I usually obtain
1.27 Freau factor.  With hyperbaric gaps, much more efficient quenching, I
use 1.55 Freau factor.  I can never seem to hit the 1.7 but as I recall John
was using a 42 inch sec coil when making this measurement.

The Esec = -L x dI/dt factor seems to become very important as the L is very
large with a large diameter inductor.  Also, the hyperbaric gap will reduce
the dI/dt factor, and of course increase quenching, which allows a lower
number of notches to achieve good quench, especially in a small system.

Dr. Resonance