Re: [TCML] Need a NY based electrical expert.

I did 4 segments for Discovery Canada and there was NO need for any insurance. There was some disclaimer that if I killed myself it wasn't their fault. (for the first episode anyway). Filming was done locally and there was no contractual arrangement with me. The cameraman got paid directly by them. The videos got sent and got used. Interviews were done over a mobile phone which worked out fine. No degree required. I have two but they are the wrong sort! Discovery would have had no liability in this case as the connection to me was tenuous and non-contractual. Being in another country may have helped. Nevertheless Discovery got their stuff and I got my stuff shown so everyone was happy. No one had to do any travel. Even worked with a tight time schedule from shooting to editing, production and screening in 7 days for the Xmas one.
The 4 videos are here.
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2d0iewy&s=3 About the Tesla Xmas tree
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=6x1vbch&s=1 The big TC
mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/44ce8bb3/ctvakamai.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/discovery/DPLA/DISC-DPLA-070905-EP.aussyelectric-video.wmv A backdoor into Discovery's site but needs a fast broadband to avoid dropping frames. The first episode. mms://a180.v31560.c31560.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/180/31560/44ce8bb3/ctvakamai.insinc.com/akamai/ctv/discovery/DPLA/DISC-DPLA-070911-EP.austraillianelectric2-video.wmv Needs a fast broadband to avoid dropping frames. The second episode.

Peter
www.tesladownunder.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Bogard" <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dan,
Several of us have already spoken to Zoe off-list, and even given them a reference to a very fine coil to demonstrate (the best in the area). But the builder was not an EE, I assume that is why they are asking again. I certainly wish them luck, but their insurance companies self imposed rules (must be a Masters EE) has reduced them from demonstrating a coil with 16 foot arcs by a true "master" builder (no pun intended); to one that makes 30 inches on a very good day, by someone who may or may not ever built a coil before. ... I would also point out that Peter Terren, whom I'm pretty sure is not an electrical engineer (he's a medical doctor), has done demonstrations for Discovery channel a few times. I would suggest that the documentary people double check and make sure their are no insurance loopholes, as it is quite possible that they have the same insurance as the Discovery channel people, and they got away with it with Peter (although that was Canada.) ....
Scott Bogard.