Re: [TCML] Chokes and Terry filters

They stretch a rapid transient's waveform across the time (x) axis.  It
takes time to build a magnetic field which slows down the field build time
and reduces the really bad VHF transients.  Some people say they are not
necessary, but for over 40 years I used them alone and never lost an nst.  I
would certainly advise using them in conjunction with Terry's filter which
contains additional and more modern components to help spoil the Q of the
circuit.

Dr. Resonance