Alex P

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 19:56:24 -0700

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmq-at-compuland-dot-com.br>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Peter Lawrence <Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>
 >
 > Antonio,
 >          how about another table that gives the toroid capacitance relative
 > to a sphere equal to the larger diameter of the toroid.

Ok. Instead of a 2 cm sphere, I will use a 20 cm sphere as start, to
avoid ridiculously small toroids. Anyway, the scaling mentioned in the
other post continue to be valid for other sizes. But what I said about
capacitance scaling was wrong. The breakdown voltage and the capacitance
are both directly proportional to the scaling factor of the dimensions.

20    cm sphere:    300 kV  11.1 pF
20x10 cm toroid:    226 kV  9.69 pF
20x9  cm toroid:    216 kV  9.50 pF
20x8  cm toroid:    205 kV  9.31 pF