Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 4:10 PM
Subject: RE: [TCML] Primary selfC

I would agree that a spiral ribbon is not the best choice for a high-Q primary. When I made AC resistance measurements on several different primary conductors, all of the same inductance, a 1" x .03" copper ribbon showed a slightly higher AC resistance than a coil of 1/4" Cu tubing, over all frequencies of interest, despite having less than half of the tubing's DC resistance. I attributed this to eddy currents; not sure how this differs from proximity losses.

http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm

Regards, Gary Lau