RE: [TCML] Primary selfC

Years ago in a magazine advertisement for a compact HF ham radio antenna, I read that ribbon conductors are not so great for RF.  The advertiser claimed that RF currents tend to concentrate on the knife edges of the ribbon, rather that spreading out evenly on all that glorious surface area.  Of course, this manufacturer was using round metal tubing for his antenna, while his competitor was using metal ribbon!  Even so, that doesn't mean it isn't true.

If RF currents really do favor the edges of ribbon-shaped conductors, this would go far toward explaining the counter-intuitive results of your Cu ribbon AC resistance measurements.

Greg