Re: [TCML] Let's try this again... - was: [TCML] MMC pics

Good Nicholas, this will work just fine. Now just drill a hole at each end near the lead and insert a 3/4"L screw for terminals. You need to mount the board also (not simply lie it down on something). So maybe some standoffs on the bottom side (which can also be made out of screws if you don't have actual standoffs handy).

Take care,
Bart

Nicholas J. Goble wrote:
Today I made a new MMC. I took apart the old one and straightened all the leads the best I could. I then found an unused cutting board (it's blue, I hope that doesn't matter) in my kitchen and used it to mount the caps. I drilled holes in the board and cut it lengthwise to make two long, narrow boards (it's tough to cut the plastic with a jigsaw; it melts behind the blade). I used too much solder than I wanted to, the leads weren't clean.

I made two boards of six caps. The caps are in series with the resistors parallel. Pictures submitted for approval.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2662861930/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28523883@N06/2662862400/

What do you think?  Are they Tesla worthy??

Nicholas Goble