Re: [TCML] homemade transformer

I built a HV transformer about 30 years ago.  I used a step down transformer and removed the secondary low voltage high amp winding and replaced it with my own HV winding.  I hand wound 1 layer every night after school and painted it with varnish.  The next day it was dry and I would wind another layer.  It took me about 3 weeks to make the transformer the secondary was 10,000 volts at 2500 watts.