Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:15 PM
Subject: Re: Re[TCML] NST rebuild good

Hi Marko,

snip.......

I highly recommend copper tube at 1.25" diameter and about 3" long (can be purchased ready to go at all hardware stores). Pick up a pvc coupling form about 4" deep. There is a lip in the inside center. I use 2 part high temp epoxy and place 1 tube edge down on the lip. After the epoxy is set up, I do the same for the next tube and place a .050 feeler gauge between the two pipes. I do this for 6 electrodes for 0.25" total gap ability. Install a hefty fan to suck through the bottom and you have yourself a nice static gap with a lot of surface area for cooling (and exact distances between each tube). Works great.

Here's an old photo but shows the basic idea. The coupler I install into it's larger cousin which is epoxied onto a fan. This allows me to pull out the coupler as needed for other electrode types or for cleaning. The copper tube is far superior to the brass stock I also show in the pic.
http://www.classictesla.com/photos/ba45/s2752.jpg

Take care,
Bart