Re: Sparks to Mid-Air (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 21:51:10 -0500
From: Rich Winders <rwinders_3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Sparks to Mid-Air (fwd)

From what i know about Van degraff generators are that they have a strong
(+) or (-) Dc charge relative to  neutrual objects.when the charge one
the top load has a high enough voltage( these are constant current not
constant voltage). to dischagre  the built of energy by drawing enough
current(electrons) to balance the potiential diffrence. by discharging
all enery in one large streamer .. to a lets say ground rod (big arc)..
or disipate around the entire topload with corna(small streamers)

Is the same thing happening in a tc top load.. the bottom is grounded and
the top is charged.. so the charge disipates through the air .. or to
other objects??

Rich